All India level Engineering Service Exam called IES is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year. It is an entrance exam for technical graduates from engineering colleges to serve the government of India and consists of various sectors like Railroads, Power, Public words, Telecommunication, etc. Candidates, through this exam, are hired for the post of Assistant Executive Engineer. IES exam is considered as one of the toughest exams to crack.
Branches for IES 2018:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aspirants can apply for IES exam on the official website of UPSC. It is advisable to go through all the details before filling in the application form in order to avoid mistakes. The application form is divided into 2 parts. The candidate must fill in both the forms completely with utmost honesty and furnish all the information to the best of his knowledge.
- The candidate must fill in all the data asked for, upload the necessary documents, photograph, signature and then proceed for the payment of exam fee.
- It is essential to save the registration and application number for future reference.
- The last date to fill in the application form for UPSC IES exam 2018 is 23rd October 2017.
- Candidates are allowed to give preferences for examination centers and will be allotted the same on a first come, first serve basis.
|IES EXAM IMPORTANT EVENTS||Time||Dates & Day|
|ESE / IESE 2018 Notification Release Date and Online Application||27 September 2017 WEDNESDAY|
|ESE / IESE 2018 Last Date for submission of Application||23rd October 2017
|ESE / IESE 2018 Preliminary Examination||General Studies and Engineering Aptitude Paper-I||09:00 AM-11:00 AM
|7th January 2018
|Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-II||02:00 P.M-05:00 P.M
|ESE / IESE 2018 Mains Examination||Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-I||9:00 AM-12:00 AM
|1st July 2018
|Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-II||2:00 pm- 5:00 pm
|ESE / IESE 2018 Personal Interview Date||November to December 2018|
- Selection for the Indian Engineering Services is a 3 stage procedure. The 3 stages being
- Preliminary examination
- Mains examination
- Personal Interview
- Preliminary examination consists of 2 papers and the total marks allotted are 500. Only those candidates who manage to clear the exam with marks more than the cutoff will be allowed to appear for the mains examination.
- Mains examination will consist of 2 papers, specific to the respective disciplines.
- The marks obtained in both Preliminary and Mains examination will determine the chances of the candidate being called for the interview.
- The final merit list is prepared based on a candidate’s score in all the three levels of examination.
For UPSC Online current affairs preparation and more details on the strategy to crack UPSC exam -Subscribe to our Byju’s YouTube Channel.